Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Speaking of Judaism...

Today I sent in my application for my student visa...for entry into Israel. I was accepted into the semester long study abroad program at Hebrew University awhile ago. It is a special program tightly knit with Penn Nursing, so that I get all of my clinical requirements in. I have my flight set, my housing set, my program set. Now, I just need that official document.

Why Israel, you ask? Well, quite frankly, why not? No, unlike a large population of Penn, I am not Jewish and have no family there. But like I said, there is a special Nursing program offered. Penn Nursing only offers two semester study abroad options. One in England, and one in Israel. The England program, despite their keenness to high tea, was not my cup of tea. As the application deadline for study abroad in Israel came near, I realized I would regret it if I did not go. Studying abroad is one of the opportunities you can only experience in college. Sure, there is a travel advisory warning to Israel, but I am not worried. This will be a completely different culture and experience than I could ever imagine. The adventure will begin at the end of January. The anticipation is enormous!

No comments: