Thursday, June 14, 2007

I feel yummy

Ethnic restaurant of the week was probably one of the best ideas we've ever had. This week we decided on Kabul, an Afghan BYOB. It was sooooo good. I called in advance and reserved the taqh - which is a raised area with Afghan rugs and pillows. We removed our shoes and lounged on the cushioned floor around our "table" of a cloth in front of us, picnic style. It was a great experience. Dimmed lighting, with Middle Eastern music and a mural painted on the wall behind us really set the seen. And the food. Oh my goodness, the food was delicious. As we all took our first bites it was a murmur of "mmmmmms." I am still so happy at the thought of the food. The lamb was so tender, the saffron rice so sweet, the spices perfect.

It was a beautiful walk to the restaurant as well. Situated in old city right by Penn's Landing, it was a bit of a trek. However the city really seems to come alive in the summer. So many people were bustling about, and greenery lined the streets, really bringing out Philly's beauty that was hidden all winter.

I probably shouldn't have eaten my whole meal. I am quite full right now. But my goodness, do I feel yummy. I can't wait until next week. I wonder where we'll decide to go - the options are endless.



No comments: