Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday Bashing

I had a fabulous birthday this week.

I spent the morning by myself, slept well, ate ice cream for breakfast, watched movies, and took a bath instead of a shower. Relaxing and enjoyable.

I met up with my wonderful boyfriend after he got off work, and we went to a Ellen's Stardust Diner, where the wait staff take turns performing songs. It was fun, and this is where I got my birthday candle. Stuck in a plate a whipped cream with an Oreo and Sprinkles, I got to make my birthday wish (which, of course, is a secret)!

After dinner we ventured to a very nice bar on Rivington and Essex Street, with mood-lighting and comfy seating. I ordered some kind of coconut rum-mango concoction. Yummy. First legal drink in the US. Didn't even get carded.

Drinks were followed by the Laugh Lounge Monday madness. It was a small crowd, being a Monday and all. They had a fun variety of stand-up comics. We were laughing hysterically by the end...although that may have something to do with splitting a bottle of Zinfandel wine...

It was a really enjoyable evening of festivities. Good company, good drinks, and good laughs.

No comments: