Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Under the Weather

In the past 7 months alone I have had mono, a cold, a sinus infection, bronchitis, a form of gastroenteritis, and now I have an ear infection, and I didn't even name everything.

A result of working in nursing and the Emergency Department? Maybe so...but that doesn't explain this pattern throughout my life and the fact that my nursing friends are not sick nearly as much as I am. And really, who gets an ear infection after they are 2 years old? My immune system just is not up to par.

Relatively healthy mommies and babies...I can't wait. Now for finding a job in Labor and Delivery as a new grad. Rare, but as I've been told "there are always exceptions." Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How's the job search? Do any hospitals have new grad residency programs...that is a way new grads get to L & D in Silverton. Hope you are well-over the slug of illnesses you've had...echinaccea (holy cow, I can never spell that word)in high doses can help boost immune system function. Anyhow- hard to believe graduation is less than a month away- oris it a month and a day-either way- soon! Hope to see you in Salem at least for a few days this summer.
Nancy