Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hebrew…Go!


Talk about returning to Kindergarten. Ulpan started on Monday, which means I am in Hebrew class 5 hours a day, speaking, reading, and writing nothing but Hebrew. It is actually pretty impressive how you can learn a language solely through pictures, gestures and repetition, and of course a patient friendly teacher. Having never even seen Hebrew before Monday, I was a bit overwhelmed. Completely different alphabet, different sounds, print and script writing, not to mention reading/writing from right to left. Wow. So here I am back to kindergarten sounding out words letter by letter. Sounding like I am coughing up mucus trying to get the correct pronunciation. Oh well, I am learning. It has only been two days after all, and who doesn’t wish they were still in Kindergarten?

No comments: