Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Here we go

Well, I did it. I created a blog. I was "inspired" by my friend who is a blogging fiend. I never really read her blog before this week, but going through her old posts, I realized that this is a nice way to get random thoughts down. And, if something interesting actually happens in my life I can write it here once, and have friends come here, instead of explaining it over and over again - which, by the way, gets on my nerves. I just finished my sophomore year of college, so that means summer! However, that doesn't mean quite the same thing as it used to. I am taking one course and I, as well as most of my friends, have to work in order to be able to pay for our higher education. I currently am working three jobs. They are all part-time, and I make my own hours more or less, so it's not too bad. At least I go from place to place doing different things, making it more interesting and less monotonous. Oh, and my one job is super interesting. I mean, I get to help do research on rats for hypoglycemia unawareness in Type I Diabetes. The researcher I work with did head surgery, and I actually got to suture up the opening. I am a working surgeon! In case you didn't know, I am a nursing student, so these things excite me. Sadly though, my schedule never seems to match up with my friends. I need to work on this, especially since I am only in Philly for another month. Tonight, however, I am going swing dancing with that crew. Haven't been in awhile - should be good times.

1 comment: